We went to Center Parcs Whinfell Forest last month and had a fantastic time, you can read all about it here, and my review here. My highlight of the week was having breakfast with a red squirrel on my patio on the last morning.
Today it was another scorcher and to be honest I didn't feel like going out anywhere. We went out in the sun last weekend and although we had a lovely time the heat took it's toll and made us moody, in particular, Star who doesn't like be too hot.
So we decided to do this challenge in our own back garden. It probably would have been better to do it last week as it looked more like a jungle, but Daddy has been hard at work and chopped everything down. So we had very little foliage to rummage through.
We didn't make a list, we just went hunting and made our list up as we went along.
- Spiders: 6, many were really quick at running away so we only got photos of 3 of them.
- Slugs: 1, it was really hot and the slugs were hiding well
- Snails: loads, hiding under leaves, bricks and even our bin bag.
- Lice: lots, hiding under stones and bricks
- Bees: 2, very quick ones that wouldn't stay still long enough to have their photo taken.
- Hornet: 1
- Plume Moth: 1, hiding in our wendy house.
|spider web and spider|
|Hornet, Plume Moth and Lice|