I've always started well in advance, picking out the theme first, then planning the food, the decorations, the games, every little detail. Here is a My Little Pony Party I had for my daughter's seventh birthday.
I'm just the same with grown-up parties, everything has to be planned to the finest detail.
Christmas parties are my favourite, we have one every year. It's great getting friends and family around for some seasonal party fun.
Here are some of my time saving party planning tips:
- Pick a theme, it doesn't have to be too specific but it makes it easier to plan your food and decorations around a theme.
- Find Shortcuts, homemade delicacies are lovely, but why put so much strain on yourself. Don't try to make everything your self.
- Find help and delegate, it's not fair for just one person to be responsible for everything, pass the jobs around, ask family or friends to take on the roll of table laying, or putting up decorations etc.
- Start gathering items you need well in advance, party plates, table clothes, decorations, spread the cost and shopping stress.
- If you are having a fancy dress party then try out the Party Planner App from Fancy Dress Ball. It's an easy to use Facebook app. where you can plan your party, choose your theme and invite your quests. It's quick and easy and will also help your guests to choose their party outfits.
I'm loving the fancy dress costumes for Christmas at Fancy Dress Ball, from Elf onsies to Santa outfits, reindeers to snowmen, they have a huge choice, better than I've seen anywhere else and all in one place. . Definitely a time saver.
|Images source Fancy Dress Ball|
Collaborative post with Fancy Dress Ball, all thoughts and opinions are my own.