Welcome back to Kids In The Kitchen, my weekly linky that is encouraging me, and hopefully you, to get the kids cooking more. You can see the full details of the idea on my Kids In the Kitchen page, I hope you will join in.
This week I had my little ones cooking cheese straws, they were easy to make and they disappeared very quickly once made.
I’d love to see your posts about your kids cooking up a storm. The rules for sharing are simple, just let the kids cook and share your blog post about it. You can also share older posts if you wish.
- 150g cheddar cheese
- 200g plain flour
- 100g butter
- 1 egg
- Put flour into a large bowl
- chop the butter into chunks and put in the bowl, then rub into the flour with fingers
- lightly whisk the egg and add to the flour
- add the cheese
- bind all the indregients together to make a firm dough.
- roll out dough then cut into long strips
- bake in oven at 229C/gas mark 7 for about 8 minutes
- cool and eat
|rubbing the butter in the flour|
|rolling the dough|
|leave to cool|
NB. we don’t always eat while sitting ON the kitchen table!