This week I had my little ones cooking cheese straws, they were easy to make and they disappeared very quickly once made.
Last week we enjoyed a lovely post from Twin Life Online when the twins cooked a coffee cake and a beautiful picture from All About A Mummy of her baking buddies decorating some cupcakes.
I'd love to see your posts about your kids cooking up a storm. The rules for sharing are simple, just let the kids cook and share your blog post about it. You can also share older posts if you wish.
- 150g cheddar cheese
- 200g plain flour
- 100g butter
- 1 egg
- Put flour into a large bowl
- chop the butter into chunks and put in the bowl, then rub into the flour with fingers
- lightly whisk the egg and add to the flour
- add the cheese
- bind all the indregients together to make a firm dough.
- roll out dough then cut into long strips
- bake in oven at 229C/gas mark 7 for about 8 minutes
- cool and eat
|rubbing the butter in the flour|
|rolling the dough|
|leave to cool|
NB. we don't always eat while sitting ON the kitchen table!