Follow Anne's board Kids In The Kitchen on Pinterest.
Last week we were joined by ET Speaks from home and their gloriously coloured cookies. I'll definitely choose colouring gel in the future when I want something bright and colourful.
This week the Little Man was in the kitchen helping me make some Christmas Pudding Biscuits.
Christmas Pudding Chocolate Biscuits.
100g unsalted butter
150g caster sugar
150g plain flour
25g cocoa powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
200g white icing
50g green icing
25g red icing
- Preheat oven to 180C gas 4
- Cream together the butter and the sugar
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder and soda
- Add flour mixture to butter and sugar and mix until crumbly
- gather the dough and knead until smooth ( I found that it needed a tbs of milk to help bind the mixture together)
- Shape the dough into a long sausage
- cut into 18 slices
- place on baking trays and flatten with your fingers until they are around 5cm diameter
- bake for 10-12 minutes then leave to cool
- to decorate: dust work surface with icing sugar and roll out the white icing
- use a cutter to make 9 circles
- divide each circle in half with wavy lines
- brush with a little water and stick have circles onto biscutis
- cut out holly leaves from green icing and use to decorate biscuits
- break off tiny pieces of red icing and roll into balls to make berries to decorate biscuits.
I'd also be mighty grateful if you included my badge in your post so others can see it and come along and join in. (although adding the badge is not compulsory to joining in)
You can find out more about Kids in the Kitchen by clicking here.