My family are a little different to me. You see I like my cheesecake with loads and loads of topping and a thin base. Like this one I made earlier, it's a Key Lime Cheesecake.
My family are also not keen on baked cheesecake, but I loved this one I made, Ginger and Blueberry cheesecake.
I've even got the kids helping out with making a White Chocolate Cheesecake.
Currently my family's favourite has to be a blueberry topped cheesecake with a crispy chocolate base.
So I'm going to share my recipe with you. If you try it do let me know how you get on.
100g digestive biscuits
50g melted chocolate
200g full fat cream cheese
200g double cream
50g icing sugar
150 g blueberries
To start, cover a 7" shallow tin with tin foil. It helps to life the cheesecake out.
- melt the chocolate in a bowl over hot water
- crush the biscuits into fine crumbs
- mix in the chocolate coating every crumb
- put the mixture into your lined tin and flatten down to cover the entire base with a spoon.
- put in the fridge while you make the cheesecake
- cream the cheese together with the icing sugar in one bowl
- whip the double cream until it forms stiff peaks
- fold both the cheese and cream together gently
- fill the base and return to the fridge for at least an hour to set.
- put the blueberries into a pan with the sugar and water
- bring to the boil and simmer until reduced to a thick sauce
- top the cheesecake just before serving.
It's easy isn't it! I think that's one of the other reasons I love cheesecake, it's really not hard to make and you can have it so many different ways. It will always be my favourite.
What's your favourite dessert?