You know when you get some over ripe bananas left in your fruit bowl and you don't want them to go to waste? They would be perfect for this recipe, the riper the bananas the better.
I love a nice tea loaf that is packed with flavour, but the added chopped walnuts also add nice crunch to this loaf, giving it that little bit extra.
Enjoy it on a Sunday evening with a nice cup of tea!
Banana, Honey and Walnut Tea Loaf
- 115g butter, softened
- 115g soft brown sugar
- 115g thick set honey
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 225g self-raising flour
- 2 large bananas
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 60g crushed walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180C/gas mark 4
- Grease and line a 900g loaf tin
- In a large bowl place the butter, sugar and honey and beat together until light and fluffy
- Gradually beat in the eggs
- fold in the flour
- mash the bananas with the lemon juice
- fold them into the batter along with the crushed walnuts
- spoon mixture into tin and level the surface
- Bake the loaf for 1 hour until risen, golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Serve warm or cold.
Pin for Later!