My Sunday Photo – 26th March 2017

playing hide and seek in the woods

Last week we went out! It wasn’t a great day, dark, cold and drizzly, but we needed some fresh air so we went to the local bluebell woods to play hide-and-seek. Can you spot Boo in the photo? I think maybe my kids need some more practice on hiding.

hide and seek in the blue bell woods

The Little Man is just as bad!!
The big disappointment was NO BLUEBELLS. Despite seeing lots of photos of flowers and bluebells online my journey to the wood to see them was a big let down. Although you can see them getting ready to bloom, so far there are none, not one! Now this is the place I used to go to to pick bluebells for my Mum for Mother’s Day. so I’m sure they should have bloomed by now.

I wasn’t sure how I would manage in the woods knowing that my wheelchair would be near impossible to push on the small muddy paths.

I had a little walk! I don’t think I managed to get more than ten feet from the car, but I was there, in the woods, on my feet. I wanted to walk further but I knew that the further I went then the further I’d have to get back and I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to manage it. I have to know my limitations.

It was so nice to get out in the fresh air and watch the kids play. I hope we can do it again soon, and that the bluebells will be in bloom.

I like to share the blogs I visit through the Sunday Photo linkies on my Pinterest Board.

If you like my photo you might like my videos too, please check out my latest video on You Tube

1. sarahmo3w
    March 26, 2017 / 8:55 am

Love that you got your feet on the ground! That must have felt fantastic. Sorry to hear there weren't any bluebells there – it really looks very wintry still 🙁

2. March 26, 2017 / 9:43 am

It wasn't the best day weather wise. Walking on the dirt path was quite surreal as I can't feel through my feet. I'm usually far to scared to walk outside.

3. March 26, 2017 / 10:03 am

That looks like a wonderful place to explore and enjoy

4. shazjera
    March 26, 2017 / 10:05 am

An achievement Anne! Congratulations 🙂 And yes, I think bluebells are usually in bloom now. Everything seems to much later this year! The magnolias are only in bloom now and blossom. I remember it being the first week in February … x

5. Tracey Abrahams
    March 26, 2017 / 10:36 am

The bluebell leaves are up in the forest where I live but its not usually till April that we see the flowers. They are beautiful when they do come up. #mysundayphoto

6. March 26, 2017 / 3:26 pm

I'm finding bluebell fields are becoming more and. Lee rare as time goes by. I love the hiding though…this is how my kids hide too!

7. March 26, 2017 / 4:37 pm

8. Tara
    March 26, 2017 / 6:06 pm

The bluebells were getting ready to flower when we went into the woods yesterday but they are still not quite there yet. I remember when we visited last year it was snowing!. Strange times. I hope you get to go back and see the bloom soon.

March 26, 2017 / 9:17 pm

Too cold and wet for Bluebells here yet too, that said we have just had an amazing weekend so I'm hopeful!

10. victoria welton
    March 30, 2017 / 9:26 pm

What a shame about the lack of bluebells but so very well done on a little walk – I love your stick x #MySundayPhoto

11. nessjibberjabberuk
    March 31, 2017 / 7:45 pm

I checked on my blog last year and bluebells didn't appear until mid-April. I suppose it depends on how mild it was been and how dense the wood is. Great walking though. I hope you manage to get out and about a little further this year.

12. liquoriceuk
    April 2, 2017 / 8:42 am

I love that you managed a little walk in the woods. What a shame that the bluebells weren't out though.