Welcome to this weeks Kids in the Kitchen where we encourage you to share what you have been cooking with your kids. The linky is now open until the end of the month and you can join in as many times as you like. I will share all links on Twitter and on my Pinterest page.
Last week we were joined by ET Speaks from home and their gloriously coloured cookies. I’ll definitely choose colouring gel in the future when I want something bright and colourful.
This week the Little Man was in the kitchen helping me make some Christmas Pudding Biscuits.
Christmas Pudding Chocolate Biscuits.
- Preheat oven to 180C gas 4
- Cream together the butter and the sugar
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder and soda
- Add flour mixture to butter and sugar and mix until crumbly
- gather the dough and knead until smooth ( I found that it needed a tbs of milk to help bind the mixture together)
- Shape the dough into a long sausage
- cut into 18 slices
- place on baking trays and flatten with your fingers until they are around 5cm diameter
- bake for 10-12 minutes then leave to cool
- to decorate: dust work surface with icing sugar and roll out the white icing
- use a cutter to make 9 circles
- divide each circle in half with wavy lines
- brush with a little water and stick have circles onto biscutis
- cut out holly leaves from green icing and use to decorate biscuits
- break off tiny pieces of red icing and roll into balls to make berries to decorate biscuits.
So now it’s over to you, get in the kitchen with your kids and come and share what you’ve cooked,