My eldest daughter came back from France and had tasted the most delicious quiche. She wanted to make her own so came up with this recipe which I am going to share with you.
- 1 piece of salmon steak chopped into small pieces
- 20g Roquefort cheese
- 50g Emmental cheese grated (you can buy this in packs already grated)
- 2 eggs
- 150 ml single cream
- 50g Chedder, grated
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- small blob of butter for frying
- Using a large frying pan melt the butter and gently fry the salmon and leeks for about 5 minutes.
- Put the mixture into the pastry case
- In a large bowl mix together the eggs, cream and grated Chedder cheese
- sprinkle the grated Emmental cheese over the salmon and leek mixture
- Break up the Roquefort and sprinkle over the salmon and leek mixture
- Finally add the egg, cream and cheese mixture.
- Bake at 190C gas mark 5 for 15 minutes or until it is set and lightly brown.