My Sunday Photo 20th May 2015

In celebration of yesterday’s Royal Wedding I’m sharing a wedding photo of my own.

Our wedding was really nothing in compared to Harry and Meghan’s but it doesn’t matter because each wedding day is a celebration of love and that’s all that matters.

Did you watch the wedding or did you turn off?

I was actually really excited for the event, it was promised to be different and it was. I love that they combined all the pomp of a royal wedding with the touches of a modern couple from different nations.

The dress was simply stunning. Not over the top or what you would really expect, but just beautiful. Meghan looked amazing. And her veil was 5 metres long! The little bridesmaids and page boys were just the cutest.

The music was diverse, appropriate and lovely, I loved that they had another choir to sing ‘Stand By Me,’ what an amazing touch to the ceremony.

Then there was Bishop Curry, who stole the show with his powerful sermon of love. It was truly an unexpected touch to royal wedding, but so passionate and so relevant. we could all heed his words, there is certainly not enough love in this world.

Most perfect of all was the way that Harry and Meghan looked at each other. This was a true marriage of love.

I wish the couple a happy future together.

1. May 20, 2018 / 9:18 am

I watched the TV from about 9am until the coverage finished. It was a really beautiful day

2. May 20, 2018 / 10:34 am

I hadn’t expected to enjoy watching it as much as I did, but I was hooked! It was beautiful.

3. May 20, 2018 / 12:14 pm

A lovely photo, I missed most of the Royal Wedding as it was changeover day here.

4. May 20, 2018 / 1:20 pm

Hi Anne, your photo is so simple, but says a lot. I didn’t watch yesterdays wedding, as special as the moment was. I can’t be doing listening with to ‘friends’ and ‘experts’ all having their say about the couple. I suppose I could have muted the coverage! I did check the news this morning and Meghan did look lovely. Her dress was nice and simple, even if the train was five meters. The cake was something else too. It is good and healthy to see the Royal family moving with the times, marriage should never be dictated and should always be for love.

5. May 20, 2018 / 2:29 pm

Ahh! The royal wedding was lovely wasn’t it….It was beautiful. They are so in love 🙂 x

6. May 20, 2018 / 2:45 pm

Beautiful photo, I didn’t watch it.

Have a good Sunday and thank you for linking up to #MySundayPhoto

7. May 20, 2018 / 6:32 pm

It was just so lovely wasn’t it? I love Harry so loved seeing him so happy. I’d love to watch it all again!

8. May 23, 2018 / 7:10 pm

Love the black and white image you have here. I noticed that the females stood out in white at the wedding in contrast to the males in black. #MySundayPhoto

9. May 25, 2018 / 9:05 pm

That’s a lovely photograph of your wedding rings. I watched all of the coverage and we even had a special wedding buffet!