Kids In The Kitchen – Quesadillas

Welcome back to kids in the kitchen, this is my second week of the linky.
This week my littlies made quesadillas for lunch, more about that in a minute but first up, if you don’t know anything about Kids In The Kitchen please check out the main page. I really hope you can join in.

Last week we had fabulous vanilla cup cakes from Ups and Downs, Smiles and Frowns, super duper cake pops (something I’ve never mastered) from Steph’s Two Girls and yummy New Year Cookies from In the Playroom

The rules for this linky are simple…get your kids in the kitchen and post about it, then link up!

As I said, my littlies made quesadillas for their lunch. We started with something quick and simple, always the best way to start if you ask me.

Cheese and Mushroom Quesadillas

tortilla wraps

We took some mushrooms

And chopped them up
Then mummy fried them in some butter for a little while

Then we took our wraps and filled them with the mushrooms and some cheese that mummy had grated for us.
Then we folded the wraps.
Mummy cooked the wraps under the grill until they were warm and toasty.
Then we ate them, yum yum!
Now it’s your turn. Join my linky and show everyone what your kids have been cooking this week.
I would love you to display my badge to help spread the word.

kitds in the kitchen

1. January 15, 2014 / 1:22 pm

These look delicious! Would love to try them with my little boy. Thank you for sharing x

2. January 15, 2014 / 10:49 pm

what a lovely idea for a linky. D has been poorly this week and as he's the one who loves to cook most, we haven't been able to. I could link up our cookery day post if thats ok (it doesn't have recipe specifics but is about kids doing cooking).

• January 16, 2014 / 11:07 am

Thank you for linking up Rebecca, fantastic post 🙂

3. January 17, 2014 / 6:29 pm

My son's 16 now so 'Kids in the Kitchen' not really appropriate, and he really wouldn't appreciate me posting about him! BUT: We used to have a great time in the kitchen cooking stuff together, and he is now in his first year at catering college and often comes home to cook or help to cook the evening meal. From tiny acorns (or button mushrooms!) are such teenagers grown, so very best to you and all other 'Kids in the Kitchen' mums. 🙂 #PoCoLo

4. January 19, 2014 / 3:52 pm

Looks fab 🙂 I have managed to make my boys enter the kitchen this week. The youngest is on table-setting duty and the eldest helps with taking things out of the fridge. Not really "kids in the kitchen" post material, but progress nonetheless!

5. January 22, 2014 / 4:51 pm

These look really scrummy and pretty easy to make 🙂 Thank you for linking to PoCoLo – as soon as Grace and I do some baking then we are here! 🙂 x

6. January 22, 2014 / 4:52 pm