Then the walk began and I can honestly say I really enjoyed it. I did ache a little, funnily enough it was my right hip and my left ankle that hurt the most so I kind of balanced out. Thankfully my feet did not hurt at all, although they were throbbing a little by bedtime.
- It’s ok to do it alone, whether a runner or a walker there are lots of others doing it alone too.
- It’s ok to take an umbrella, probably not if you are running, but there were lots of walkers carrying them although it didn’t rain again.
- Remember your water, it’s very thirsty work.
- You can wear headphones with your music on, but the atmosphere is great and I feel you’d be missing out on a lot.
- A lot of walkers had little bags, phones and basically anything that you would take on a walk in the park. I felt a little empty handed but I’d just come to walk.
- You don’t have to take anyone with you but it’s really nice to see a friendly face as you approach the finish line.
- Finally, the obvious things…make sure you are wearing comfortable clothing and trainers. I heard so many people complaining on the way around that they were too hot or their trainers were rubbing their feet.
Thank you to everyone who donated for my walk.
I’m so proud to be a member of the #Pink Army