I love cheesecake, it’s one of my favourite desserts, and I’m not fussed about what flavours or toppings are used, or if it’s baked or not. Maybe, my passion for cheese plays a part, but cheesecake is something I make a lot.
My family are a little different to me. You see I like my cheesecake with loads and loads of topping and a thin base. Like this one I made earlier, it’s a Key Lime Cheesecake.
- melt the chocolate in a bowl over hot water
- crush the biscuits into fine crumbs
- mix in the chocolate coating every crumb
- put the mixture into your lined tin and flatten down to cover the entire base with a spoon.
- put in the fridge while you make the cheesecake
- cream the cheese together with the icing sugar in one bowl
- whip the double cream until it forms stiff peaks
- fold both the cheese and cream together gently
- fill the base and return to the fridge for at least an hour to set.
- put the blueberries into a pan with the sugar and water
- bring to the boil and simmer until reduced to a thick sauce
- top the cheesecake just before serving.