I’ve been baking again. Now I’ve found the Tate and Lyle Recipe site I just can’t keep away. This time I chose two recipes, Orange and Honey Madeleines and Oaty Shortbread.
Orange and Honey Madeleines
- Preheat oven to 190C/gas mark 5
- In a large bowl cream together the butter, sugars and honey until light and fluffy
- Add the eggs beating in one at a time
- Add the orange zest
- Fold in the flour and baking powder
- Fill madeleine moulds to just below the rim
- bake for 6 -12 minutes *see Note
- Remove from oven and turn out immediately and leave to cool
I love shortbread and I love flapjacks and this recipe was a mixture between the too. When you take a bite it starts to melt like buttery shortbread, then it goes all chewy like a flapjack. Difficult to describe but very scrummy and I’ll be making it again. The recipe calls for fruit sugar which I’ve not used in cooking before. Fruit sugar is fructose which is sweeter than glucose but is absorbed into the body slower, giving energy over a long period of time.
175g unsalted butter
50g Tate and Lyle fruit sugar
110g plain flour
1tsp ground cinnamon
75g rolled oats/porridge oats
1 extra tsp of fruit sugar
- Heat oven to 170C gas mark 4
- grease a 23cm loose bottom flan tin
- put butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until creamy
- add the rest of the ingredients (apart from the final spoon of sugar) and mix until a crumbly mix
- tip the mix into the tin and press it to the edges evenly
- prick the shortbread all over with a fork
- bake for 30 -35 minutes
- remove from oven and while still warm score into slices then sprinkle with the remaining sugar
- leave to cool in the tin
- cut into slices to serve
Check out Becky’s recipe for Easy Shortbread over on Family Budgeting.
wow those madeleines have turned out beautifully! x
I love madeleines, by have never made any. I love how gorgeous yours have turned out. I have been too busy with work to bake
The shortbread sounds delicious! I've never tried to make it before so will be giving this a try!
Isn't it funny how we have these tins for years before using them? I had a bundt tin that was the same.. It cost a fortune and I haven't used it yet!
Car accident – It is an sudden sudden event that triggers property trouble for an auto or body problems for the individual. The event could possibly be an at-fault or maybe not-at trouble and it is report or maybe unreported. Any sort of accident involving only two vehicles could possibly be termed your collision. ” target=”_blank”>http://www.phoenixazinsurance.org
Ooh I love madeleines, I've never tried to make my own though…yours look delicious.
Oh these look lovely, I could do with some evening naughtiness now 😉 x
These look delicious, I could do with one with a cuppa now
Orange and honey sounds like a great combo. I love love love shortbread #Mimlinky
These look amazing! Thanks for linking up to #MIMLinky … Hope to see you this week xx