My Sunday Photo – 23rd April 2017

packwood house gardens yew tree garden

As you may have gathered from yesterday’s post, we had a trip to Packwood House during in the Easter Holiday. I took so many photos and I still have more to share. So this weeks Sunday Photo is of the yew tree garden. I couldn’t get any close because there was no way I could climb those steps *insert sad face*  I will go back one day when I’m better and do it!

Someone who visited Packwood House described it as ‘A house to dream of and a garden to dream in.’ The house is indeed lovely, but the gardens are truly beautiful and with the spring flowers just starting to bloom it gives you a promise of a garden of summer colour. I will definitely come back in the summer.

There was this lovely tree in the garden at the back entrance to the house. Our visit was coming to an end at this point which was lucky as it was just starting to rain. I love the blossom on the trees in the background too. And how fabulous is that lovely stained glass round window.

1. motherofmadcatsandbabies
    April 23, 2017 / 7:48 am

What a beautiful gate, and a lovely place #mysundayphoto

2. April 23, 2017 / 9:25 am

What a lovely looking place, oh to live there

3. victoria welton
    April 23, 2017 / 11:56 am

That looks like such a beautiful place to be. I hope you had a lovely time x

4. nessjibberjabberuk
    April 23, 2017 / 1:54 pm

It looks like a gorgeous garden just from those couple of snaps. I like how the brickwork on the gate pillars has been styled to make them more attractive.

April 23, 2017 / 3:17 pm

Hi Anne, I bet it was frustrating not being able to go into the yew tree garden, the trees do look nicely cut. I do, however, look forward to the time when you will be well enough to go into the garden and take more photos to share. And as for the pine tree at the back of the house, I can imagine it looking very pretty all decorated for Christmas with light glowing through the stained glass windows.

x

6. Mum in Brum
    April 23, 2017 / 8:11 pm

We live close to here and we visited last year – the gardens really are magnificent. it must be frustrating for you when there's no wheelchair access, hoping you'll be able to go back there when you're well again x #MySundayPhoto

April 23, 2017 / 9:08 pm

National trust membership is a really good investment, we did it a couple of years ago and if I'm honest we left it too late, the kids were past the play areas and challenges and not interested in the architecture and gardens. Your 3 are at a perfect age to take full advantage of all they have to offer. Looks like you started in style with the Easter egg hunt and I'm impressed with the scooter idea, that was so thoughtful and it sounds like it made a real difference for you all. I hope Star is feeling better now.

8. rebeccabeesley
    April 23, 2017 / 9:35 pm

such a pretty place x

9. April 24, 2017 / 6:24 am

What a lovely looking place, oh to live there. thanks for sharing this beautiful post.

10. sarahmo3w
    April 24, 2017 / 11:39 am

The steps and gates are very grand! What a beautiful photo.
    It's a shame you weren't able to get into the garden.

11. April 24, 2017 / 3:44 pm

What a beautiful place to visit….It's a shame about the steps 🙁

12. April 24, 2017 / 6:19 pm

I love the clipped hedges. Frames a path. Looks like a wonderful property to visit. #MMBC

13. comfortspring
    April 24, 2017 / 6:23 pm

Lovely garden – a great shot!

14. Tara
    April 25, 2017 / 9:22 am

WHat a lovely quote, the garden definitely looks inviting. Such a shame you couldn't get closer, although hopefully, as you said, something to look forward to. #mmbc

15. liquoriceuk
    May 3, 2017 / 10:35 am

Packwood House looks like a beautiful place and that yew garden looks so inviting. What a shame it isn't accessible though. Hope you manage to visit it on another day.