My Sunday Photo – 23rd July 2017

Living in  big city I don’t get the opportunity to photograph rolling countryside photos very often, but it’s amazing how much we take for granted.

Did you know, for instance that Birmingham has around six million trees,  571 parks and 250 miles of brooks and streams. We are also reported to have more mileage of canals than Venice!

This photo is outside my daughter’s school. Here is one taken a little further to the left with the corner of the school visible.

The next picture was taken from Google Maps and it’s my postcode area. You can see my little house on the picture. You can also see lots of green area as I live right on the edge of the city.

My mission, this summer, is to investigate a little more of that green area!

1. July 23, 2017 / 7:43 am

Beautiful views, I've only ever been to Birmingham to visit the NEC

2. liquoriceuk
    July 23, 2017 / 8:59 am

That's a beautiful view next to your daughter's school. Hope you get to explore lots of that green area over the summer 🙂

July 23, 2017 / 10:57 am

Every built up space needs a little countryside o the doorstep like this. Hope you get out to enjoy it over the summer.

4. July 23, 2017 / 8:36 pm

We use the motorway to get to the NEC because it only takes us 10 mins to get there. Silly really because it's only 1/2 hour away anyway.

5. July 23, 2017 / 8:37 pm

I've already earmarked a farm just up the road, they do activity days for children.

6. July 23, 2017 / 8:37 pm

we sure will and then we can share our adventures with Country Kids 🙂

7. kateonthinice2012
    July 26, 2017 / 3:56 pm

What a great mission to set yourself and yes amazing how many of our cities have great green spaces so nearby too

8. The Thrifty Campers
    July 29, 2017 / 6:17 pm

Haha your daughter sounds like quite a character with quite an imaginative mind. Have to admit the story you shared where the slime went up the stairs and was all over the kitchen like an explosion it amusing. Very interesting how different things have a way with calming one down. Thanks for sharing@