My Sunday Photo 29th October 2017

We finally got our pumpkins!
We had a great time carving them, it was so good to have somewhere to do them and have someone else clean up all the mess. I wish I had bought some pumpkin seeds home to roast though…I may just have to go and buy another one now.
Until we moved into this house four years ago we didn’t really do anything at Halloween. However, our new neighbourhood enjoy all the fun of trick and treating. I’m really not sure if I actually approve or not. I don’t really see it as a time for celebration and the kids going around begging for sweets just doesn’t seem right. But then I like seeing them getting dressed up and having fun, and it brings a sense of community with all the kids knocking on the doors. We’ve never had any trouble, all the kids are well behaved and they always have parents with them.
I don’t decorate the house, or have a party, but we do like to put our lanterns outside.
Here’s one for this year, all ready to go.
Do you celebrate Halloween?

I pin My Sunday Photo pics I visit on my Pinterest Board. Please let me know if you wish your photo to be removed.

1. October 29, 2017 / 8:35 am

Love the carving, we did this a few times but haven't done it for a while

2. chantelle hazelden
    October 29, 2017 / 8:59 am

We still haven't bought any pumpkins here this year, your carving looks fab! #mysundayphoto

3. October 29, 2017 / 9:28 am

We carved ours on Friday and I am making soup this week too! #mysundayphoto

4. sarahmo3w
    October 29, 2017 / 9:34 am

We're about the same as you with Halloween! We don't have a party or decorate the house, but my daughter dresses up and goes trick or treating to people we know. It's really friendly walking round the village and seeing everyone dressed up. I really enjoy it!

October 29, 2017 / 9:44 am

Pumpkins have really taken off as a big thing this year, look like you have embraced it in style

6. October 29, 2017 / 3:45 pm

We carved ours yesterday too. The girls had great fun. I never bothered with Halloween until I had kids. They love to get dressed up. They want to go trick or treating…I have said we will see what the weather is like. x

October 29, 2017 / 4:18 pm

Hi Anne, it's nice to feel a part of the local community. I must say that growing up I don't remember Halloween being such a big thing, we did or rather Dad did carve a swede and I remember apple bobbing at Brownies whilst wearing a black bag binliner cape and a sad black cardboard hat. Oh, how things have changed… Have fun!

8. mummyhereandthere
    October 29, 2017 / 4:34 pm

Ace pumpkin craving X #mysundayphoto

9. October 29, 2017 / 9:53 pm

I've never really made much fuss of Halloween but my two have been really excited for it this year. Great pumpkin, I made soup and roasted the seeds!

10. November 2, 2017 / 3:31 pm

Nice lantern! We also don't decorate our house with all those scary things, but we usually have a lantern outside. We like the process of making it.

11. November 4, 2017 / 12:12 am

That looks a little Minecraft inspired. I think the pumpkins lining the front gardens this year have really made a lovely display.