Hello and welcome to the home of Word of the Week. A nice and simple weekly linky, with everyone welcome to pop by and share. The idea of the linky is to reflect back on your past week and share it with us. It’s great if you can sum it up in a word or phrase, hence giving us your Word of the Week. My word this week is ‘gratitude’ and you can read more about that below.
I’m not totally strict on using just a word or phrase. But please try to stick to the theme of summing up your week. There are not too many rules with this linky, just remember to read at least another couple of posts in the link up after adding your link. I will read and comment on all posts and tweet them out for you. I also have a Pinterest board devoted to Word of the Week and I will add posts to Mix Please add the badge below to your post so that others may find us and join in. If you comment or tweet then please use the hashtag #WotW
Word of the Week is open from 6am on Friday Morning to 12 noon on Monday. Plenty of time to join in!
If you are unfamiliar with the Word of the Week linky then please feel free to ask any questions. New linkers are always welcome, we love to hear what you have been up to in the past week.
MY WORD OF THE WEEK – Gratitude
I’ve been a bit miserable in my last two Word of the Week Posts so I was determined to make this one more positive. I can’t think of any better way of bringing positivity in your life than practicing gratitude. My lovely blogging friend, and word of the week linker, Louise from Little Hearts Big Love, practices gratitude every single day. I really don’t know how she does it, but she’s my inspiration for this weeks post.
So here are some of the things I have been grateful for this week.
- Boo and the Little Man getting merits at school on a daily basis, for excellence, endeavour and bravery.
- The mild weather which always helps, even if I don’t go out.
- Playing computer games with all my family, I think we have clocked up over 20 years of Mario and Luigi
- The love and care of my family, we may not always get on but I know they love me
- The gifts my daughter has been showering me with, this week she treated me to a new coat from Joe Browns and a magical handbag
- The smell of a brand new candle
- The cuddles from my kids and my cat
- Some really nice meals lately and not from the take out
- Teacher Training Days (ahhh a long weekend without having to get the kids up and out for school in the morning!)
- The smug feeling that my Christmas shopping is almost finished and the turkey is ordered
- Selling two items on my Etsy shop, they were my first sales and made me so happy
- Finishing another good book
- Finishing another crochet project
- Starting a new crochet project
It really makes you feel better, feeling gratitude for big and small things. I started this list without even knowing what I was going to put on it but I feel I could carry on now.
Now it’s over to you, what word or phrase sums up your week this week? What has made you feel grateful too?