Welcome to this weeks Kids in the Kitchen. This week Boo insisted she wanted to make chocolate cupcakes so I left her to it. The Little Man came in to help with the decorating. I’ll tell you how they got on in a moment, but first I’d like to say thank you to those linking up in the past week.
It was lovely to see the return of the beautiful Miss T from The Beesley Buzz who made some scrummy Postman Pat Cupcakes.
Monkey and Mouse shared three fabulous dairy free recipes for kids, Pizza Pods, Fairy Cakes and Bread Rolls.
And the lovely Annabel from Tickle Fingers has been busy cooking with 50 toddlers over six days while raising loads of money for Save The Heroes. Do take a look at her incredibly inspirational post which is also full of fabulous photos and great tips for cooking with toddlers.
I share all posts on my Pinterest Board which is a great place for inspiration.
Follow Anne’s board Kids In The Kitchen on Pinterest.
- 4oz (120g) self raising flour
- 4oz (120g) caster sugar
- 4oz (120g) butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs (15g) cocoa powder
- cream the sugar and butter in a large bowl until soft and smooth
- add the eggs and mix well
- take out 1tbs of the flour and replace with 1tbs of cocoa powder
- sieve the flour and cocoa powder into the bowl and fold in gently
- put a spoonful of mixture into each of 12 cupcake cases in a tray
- bake at 180C/gas mark 4 for 15 minutes.
For the icing
- 3oz (85g) butter with
- 6oz (170g) icing sugar
- 2tsp cocoa powder
So now it’s over to you, get in the kitchen with your kids and come and share what you’ve cooked,
Leave a Reply Cancel reply