Welcome to this weeks Kids in the Kitchen. I hope you have been busy baking up a storm with your kids this week, we’d love to see what you’ve been up to and you can always join in with our linky. All posts are shared on Pinterest and Twitter and will get a mention here on Kids in the Kitchen next week.
Last week we were joined by the Free From Farmhouse and showed how to make fabulous, and really easy, Vegan Biscuits with the help of little J.
The linky is open until the end of the month and you can join in as many times as you like.
- 500g self-raising flour white flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 40g butter
- 2tsp caster sugar
- 225ml milk
- 125ml water
- preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6, grease a baking sheet and set aside
- Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl
- chop butter into chunks and rub into the flour with fingers
- stir in the sugar
- add the milk
- then add the water a little at a time until you have a soft dough
- turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead gently for a few minutes
- shape into a round loaf shape and place on the baking sheet
- cut a cross in the dough about 1cm deep
- brush the loaf with a little milk and then dust with a little flour
- bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown
- transfer to a wire rack to cool
So now it’s over to you, get in the kitchen with your kids and come and share what you’ve cooked,