My Sunday Photo – 14th August 2016

I took this photo at Hatton Adventure World a couple of weeks ago. I really love tortoises, I remember seeing the one they had on Blue Peter as a child and always wanting one of my own. I didn’t have one, boo hoo, but I did have two lovely terrapins which I adored.

Is there a pet that you always wanted as a child?

1. August 14, 2016 / 8:31 am

We were so lucky as kids, we had all sorts of pets including Rosie or beloved Tortoise, who lived for years #MySundayPhoto

2. shazjera
    August 14, 2016 / 9:42 am

My first serious boyfriend had a tortoise. The next time I came across one was when we were renting a holiday apartment in Exmouth – there was a tortoise who roamed the service road who everyone looked after!

I always wanted a cat – or rather I did have a cat (when I was a child) until I saw him being run over. I was so distraught my father said no more pets and we never did. I always hankered after another cat so when I was settled in my first home I had two. They lived for 15 years and brought so much love to my boys too.

3. victoria welton
    August 14, 2016 / 10:11 am

That is a beautiful tortoise – they always remind me of Blue Peter funnily enough!

4. August 14, 2016 / 10:27 am

I think that's good thing about tortoises, how long they live…and I guess they don't need much looking after in the winter.

5. August 14, 2016 / 10:29 am

awww, what a shame about your cat. My daughter's cat was run over when she was young and it was a distressing time, but I let her choose when she wanted another and we ended up with three. One died quite young after 3 years but the other two we had for 16 years and they left us last year. We still have two 7 year old cats though. My daughter has always loved her cats.

6. August 14, 2016 / 10:30 am

I just vividly remember how they used to pack them away for hibernation on Blue Peter and then I'd wait anxiously for them to open the box again the next year.

7. shazjera
    August 14, 2016 / 11:12 am

I don't think my dad could handle my emotions Anne! I have thought about having a couple more cats but we were so lucky with our two. They were real home cats and one was my shadow. We're living near quite a busy road and I know I would be anxious. So it's a decision of being able to live with extra anxiety or just looking at pictures of cats 🙂 We do have a dog (rescue) who also brings much sunshine into our lives. He's enjoyed being king of the house (the cats were always the dominant ones) so there's also him to consider. x

8. Photalife
    August 14, 2016 / 12:57 pm

My youngest loves tortoises, she loves this photo

9. August 14, 2016 / 1:55 pm

Aww! How cute…
    I always wanted a tortoise too because of Blue Peter. lol

10. Lisa@IntoTheGlade
    August 14, 2016 / 4:53 pm

I had one, he was gorgeous! He was called Flash and I got him for my 7th birthday. We followed the instructions on Blue Peter and put him away to hibernate in the loft every year, then one summer he escaped and I never saw him again. Thank you for this lovely picture, it takes me right back xx

11. August 14, 2016 / 8:55 pm

I always wanted a horse…safe to say that was out of the question!

August 14, 2016 / 9:40 pm

I love tortoises, I wish we had one at Coombe Mill, Clio lending a helping hand for Coombe Mill

13. August 15, 2016 / 9:51 am

I have 3 turtles at home! I love them to bits and this one is so cute! #mysundayphoto