I’m currently running a competition where you could win one of three copies of the Hoxton Street Monster Supplies Cookbook. fill in you details in the Rafflecopter widget below for your chance of winning.
Here is my first recipe from the book, Night Terror Torte.
The instructions say..”Be sure to think truly appalling thoughts as you make this torte – you will find that the screams of your victims will have an extra edge of misery if you do.”
Well, I didn’t really have appalling thoughts but I did make it while in a lot of pain, so hopefully some of my victims felt the benefit…*insert evil cackle*
Actually, as you can see from this recipe, the torte is incredibly delicious and I would definitely make it again.
Night Terror Torte
Ingredients, serves 8 monsters:
- Put half the sugar and the measured water in a saucepan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the orange slices and cook over a low heat for 30 minutes until the oranges are tender and most of the syrup has evaporated. let cool.
- Roll out the pasty on a lightly floured surface until a little larger than a greased 9 1/2 inch fluted loose-bottomed tart tin.
- line the tin with the pasty and chill for 15 minutes
- Line the tart with nonstick baking paper, add baking beans and place on a baking sheet.
- bake in a preheated oven, 190C gas mark 5 for 10 minutes
- Remove the paper and beans and bake for a further 5 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 180C, gas mark 4
- Beat together the butter and the remaining sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the ground almonds, then gradually beat in the eggs until smooth. Set Aside
- Reserve 10 of the best orange slices, then drain and chop the rest.
- Stir the chocolate into the almond mixture, then mix in the chopped oranges.
- Spread into the tart case, arrange the reserved orange slices on top and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 30 minutes before removing from the tin.
So let’s get on with the competition.
Pin this for later!