My Sunday Photo – 23rd June 2018

The Laughing Kitten

a tabby kitten lying on the floor with what looks like a huge grin on his face.

Say Cheese!

I had to share this photo of my kitten, Ash. It looks like he’s laughing, or at least smiling for the camera.

He is spending more and more time downstairs with us now, he desperately wants to play with his big sister but she’s not interested in him at all. What a shame. Maybe when he gets bigger she’ll like him more. He doesn’t really help matters when he sneaks up behind her and jumps at her. You can see he’s loving it, he’s so playful. But Sabrina just dismisses him with a hiss like he’s an annoying little brother.

mmmm, I was 8 years old when my Mum presented me with an annoying little brother, perhaps I know how she feels!

At night we are keeping them separated which means that Ash is staying in our bedroom still. He has settled down a lot which means I’m getting more sleep again. I do keep waking up with him lying on the pillow next to me though. He’s so tiny I really don’t mind. I do worry about him snuggling up by my feet though as my condition means that I have uncontrollable jerks in my legs and I’m frightened I’ll kick him across the room, have you ever seen a kitten fly?

Thankfully, he’s keeping all his scratching to his scratching post which is good seeing as we have new sofas. I guess with hindsight it wasn’t a good idea taking on a new kitten the week after getting new sofas but we have been lucky so far. He is also litter trained which is good.

He’s such a lovely little boy, we all love him so much, I wish we could keep him as a kitten as he’s so cute. But, I am looking forward to seeing what he’s like when he’s grown up. He’s my little tiger.

1. June 24, 2018 / 10:30 am

oh what a lovely photo – Ash looks a very happy kitty!!

2. June 24, 2018 / 10:35 am

Such a lovely happy photo, brought a smile to my face

Have a good Sunday and thank you for linking up to #MySundayPhoto

3. June 24, 2018 / 12:04 pm

Hi Anne, kittens are so playful, I was never a cat person until we were adopted by one, who at that time had five kittens. I could sit and watch them for hours (and often did). Ash looks very content indeed and has settled in well, by the sounds of it. I can imagine a new kitten being putting Sabrina nose out, but hopefully, she’ll learn to tolerate him, once he’s past that playful stage…You’ll have to set up a motion sensor camera on your feet, how funny would it be to see a flying kitten (as long as no one got hurt)? It would be like something right out of a cartoon! #mysundayphoto

4. June 24, 2018 / 1:42 pm

Aww he looks and sounds just adorable. He’s definitely a mischievious one and he reminds me of my little brother (who’s now 34 😂)

5. June 24, 2018 / 4:37 pm

It sounds like he is settling in really well….Let hope he stays away from your feet when you are sleeping. hehehe
    Fab photo! It does look like he’s smiling for the camera x

6. June 24, 2018 / 5:59 pm

He looks adorable and definitely a little tiger! I hope Sabrina accepts him in the end.

7. June 25, 2018 / 12:18 pm

He’s a cute kittie and sometime adult cats just don’t want to put up with the baby behavior. #MMBC

8. June 27, 2018 / 10:49 pm

He looks like he’s got spirit! Lovely markings on him; quite unusual.