Now that the summer is here we love to show off our feet, but we should still be thinking of taking care of them. The socks we wear are most important and in a moment I’m going to tell you about the lovely socks you can get at The Sock Shop . I am an affiliate for The Sock Shop and may earn a little money if you click through my links and make a purchase, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting my blog x
Tips for Foot Care.
These tips I have adapted from the NHS site.
- Wash your feet often, but don’t leave them to soak for too long
- Dry your feet well as this prevent fungus from developing.
- Moisturise your feet to prevent dry skin
- Keep your toenails cut short and straight
- Limit time wearing high heels
- Change socks daily to avoid foot odour
- Wear socks that fit
- Visit a podiatrist if you develop foot problems
My children rarely go without socks, they don’t like the feel of shoes on barefeet and the only time socks come off is when they are wearing sandles. I choose their socks carefully. I make sure that they fit well and wash well. So many socks shrink after washing. Boo, my 12 year old, likes pretty socks like these from The Sock Shop. They are a pack of three super soft and super pretty socks for just £4.99. Click through to see the different designs available.
I’m already stocking up on my school socks. Star and The Little Man are so fussy with their socks. They do not like toe seams at all and the socks have to be really soft. I have been buying them on Ebay but then I found these at the Sock Shop and I think we will be changing over.
These socks come in sizes from age 1 to 14 years (or baby to size 5.5) and in 8 different colours. They are made from pure natural bamboo which is soft, silky and very kind to sensitive young skins. It is antibacterial and anti-fungal, so feet stay fresher and healthier. They are £2.99 a pair but if you buy 3 pairs they are reduced to £4.99 saving 33%!
The Smelly Feet issue
Keeping your feet clean and making sure you dry them properly should be enough to stop them from smelling. But occasionally you need a little extra help.
Here are some facts about bamboo socks;
- bamboo socks are purely and naturally better for your feet
- they have 3 times the absorbency of cotton
- breathable bamboo keeps our feet fresh, dry and comfortable
- for sensitive skin bamboo is unbeatable it has soft, gently rounded fibres that don’t irritate and give fabric it’s soft, silk-like touch
- Bamboo is kind to the environment, the plat is sustainable, needs very little water, uses no pesitcides and gives out more oxygen than it’s equivalent in trees.
These colourburst socks come in 11 different colours and cost £4.99 or you can buy 3 pairs for £9.99, saving £5. I’ve been buying another branded bamboo sock for £9.99 a pair, so this is a no brainer swap for me.
What sort of socks do you like? Are your kids as fussy as mine? Do you know someone with stinky feet?
This post contains affiliate links.