The German Market

Every year we have a fantastic German Market in our City Centre. Loads of wooden cabins selling lovely gifts and crafts and delicious food. I love the Bratwurst sausages and the crepes, but the very best are the schokokuss, gorgeous chocolate marshmallows in lots of different flavours.

schokokuss – chocolate kisses

I took the girls to the market for a browse. We all had a ride on the wonderful carousel and enjoyed some yummy doughnuts filled with chocolate. We also had a look at the skating rink, we couldn’t skate as it would have been unfair on Star. So we went up to the first balcony on the new library and watched the skaters and the big wheel in action. (One day I will get them to go all the way up to the rooftop, it’s amazing up there!)

I love the German market, it really gets you in the mood for Christmas. Although this was the girl’s first visit this year, I’ve already been twice before! Next time I’m aiming for a nice mug of hot chocolate with a little something naughty added 😉 Although the last time I went on the evening I ended up in the jacuzzi with the floozie as there was really no space left for standing! (for none Brummies this is a large statue in a fountain which we have lovingly nicknamed the floozie in the jacuzzi, and fortunately on that evening they had taken all the water out!)

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

1. November 30, 2013 / 8:01 am

The husband and I were only discussing going to this last night! I think you've persuaded me – thanks 🙂 #CountryKids

• November 30, 2013 / 9:09 am

I wouldn't go on a Saturday, last week it was heaving, you couldn't get near the stalls. But it was lovely on a weekday afternoon, just as it was getting dark. 🙂

2. November 30, 2013 / 8:11 am

I've taken eldest here but only in the morning when it's quieter. She's off with her auntie at night time for a treat soon and I'm quit envious! I think next year I'll brave it with littlest-it gets do busy doesn't it. But I agree, it's great.

• November 30, 2013 / 9:11 am

we decided against taking the buggy but The Little Man was too poorly to go anyway. So Daddy's back was saved as he was going to carry him around on his shoulders. It's not so bad in the mornings though.

3. November 30, 2013 / 8:45 am

We like going to the outdoor Christmas market in Bath. Gets really crowded, but it instantly makes you feel Christmassy. #CountryKids

• November 30, 2013 / 9:13 am

I'd love to visit a Christmas market in another area for a change…I'm thinking maybe Germany might be nice 😉

4. November 30, 2013 / 10:51 am

How perfect for getting you into the christmas mood, the chocolate filled donuts sound delicious. Thanks for linking up and sharing with Country Kids.

• November 30, 2013 / 1:08 pm

I wish I had taken a picture of the doughnuts, they were so pretty, but I'm afraid we were too greedy and gobbled them up quick 😉

5. November 30, 2013 / 2:04 pm

Anne this is making me count the days till our German market its on .. love it x

6. November 30, 2013 / 2:59 pm

We used to love going to the market in Edinburgh, really got you into the mood for Christmas 🙂 #CountryKids

7. November 30, 2013 / 3:52 pm

Ohh I love Christmas markets….Always so much fun and get me right in the Christmassy mood 🙂 x

8. December 1, 2013 / 10:20 pm

Looks fab! Hubby and I went to a Christmas Market in Lille before the smalls came along but I've never been to a German one. Maybe one day! #CountryKids

9. December 3, 2013 / 1:38 pm

I adore Christmas markets and those schokokuss are gorgeous – I love seeing rows of them.

10. December 3, 2013 / 6:59 pm

We went there last year after Monkey's birthday trip to SeaLife Centre – it's fab isn't it. I weent to Cologne to stay with friends a few years back, was magical.

11. December 3, 2013 / 10:30 pm

We have a German market too in Glasgow and it's great to stop for lunch! A bit busy for my wee man.