Welcome to Kids in the Kitchen.
This week we tried something I’d not heard of before but was itching to try, Frushi! Now, I’m a big lover of sushi but the kids are not over keen, so I thought I’d try sushi with fruit, you can see how we got on later.
First of all I’d like to say thank you to those who linked up last week. I love reading all about what your kids are getting up to in the kitchen, and your recipes give me loads of inspiration. Over on The Beesley Buzz we see Miss T helping mum make a rather delicious looking Cauliflower and Broccoli Cheese. I really have to try this, I love Cauliflower Cheese but I’ve never tried it with a crunchy topping. Then over on Eats Amazing, Small Child shows us how to make yummy Homemade Burgers. I’m sure my littlies would love to have a go at making their own burgers.
I’d love for you to join in, it couldn’t be simpler, just share your posts, old or new, about your kids cooking. You don’t have to give detailed recipes, just tell us what you’ve been up to. The other day, my kids made cupcakes using a packet mix!! Well, I was busy and they wanted to cook, so why not?
- 250g sushi rice
- 1 tbs rice vinegar
- soft fruits for filling
Usually the method is;
- rince the rice thouroughly
- put in a large pan of cold water and then bring it to the boil
- put on lid and simmer for around 25 mins until all the water is absorbed.
- leave to cool
- add vinegar and stir
- chop fruit into small slices
- spread rice onto a sheet of cling film. We also used a sushi mat to aid rolling, but it is possible to roll with just the cling film.
- place fruit in a line about one inch from edge of rice
- roll up the rice
- place in fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes
- unwrap and cut into slices.
Now it’s your turn to tell us what you’ve been up to.
Love the frushi Idea!
What a fabulous idea – I've heard of Frushi but not seen it done. We should be able to link up our Easter egg post next week! Thank you for linking to PoCoLo x
I love this idea! My boys are always asking for Sushi but I haven't got a clue where to start so we might just have to try frushi instead. x
They look lovely! Such a cool idea! x