Mud, Mud, Glorious Mud

I will admit that we have not been getting out much lately. The weekends have been spent cooped up at home. Even at half term the only time we ventured out was to  go somewhere else indoors.
This week we had a really sunny day and it happened to be the day I was invited to the Little Man’s school to come and enjoy their mud kitchen.

I wasn’t really sure what to expect.
There was lots of mud!

The kids put on some old clothes and wellies and were told to just enjoy themselves.

Mud can be so much fun.
There were buckets of slushy water to help make more mud.

There were lots of utensils to help carry the water and slushy mud from one place to another.

There were pots and pans, ladels, shovels, spades, spoons, kettles, trays everything you need to make the perfect mud pie or leaf lasagne or worm bolognese. The kids had so much fun.

Hooray for sunny days and glorious mud!

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

1. March 14, 2015 / 8:28 am

What a lot of fun! Potato has little mud kitchen in the garden and loves baking me mud cakes 🙂

• March 14, 2015 / 10:30 pm

Some of my fondest memories are baking mud pies with my cousins many many years ago…such timeless fun 🙂

2. March 14, 2015 / 8:56 am

How much fun! I remember making mud pies when I was little. I think I'm going to just go for it and arrange for my kids to do this too. Happy memories!

• March 14, 2015 / 10:32 pm

Yes, I'm going to let my kids do this in our own garden too…I'm a little worried about them bringing the mess in, perhaps one of those walk through showers like you get at the swimming pool before they come in 🙂

3. March 14, 2015 / 12:06 pm

Mud kitchen's are always so much fun, I really want to get one started here on the farm! Little Man looks engrossed in making mudpies! Messy fun is always the best fun… I'm just never excited about the clean up afterwards! Thanks for linking up with Country Kids.

• March 14, 2015 / 10:32 pm

I'm glad I didn't have to clean up the mess after this session, I bet the school cleaners where not impressed 🙂

4. March 14, 2015 / 8:36 pm

Great combnation! Playing with mud is just the most fun thing to do when the weather is this glorious! #countrykids

• March 14, 2015 / 10:33 pm

yes mud is wonderful, I'm not totally enamoured with the worms though 🙂

5. March 14, 2015 / 8:50 pm

ah I've been the same recently a little couped up its been so nice to get some sunshine! it is great for kids to get abit messy although i do prefer when its done at playgroup and not walked through my lounge haha 😉

6. March 15, 2015 / 7:12 am

Oh that looks so much fun! Our nursery are building a mud kitchen this year, I can't wait to hear T's stories after he's been playing in it.

7. March 15, 2015 / 4:19 pm

Oh, how fab is bit of mud! So much fun! Nice to get out for some sunshine too 🙂