Welcome to this weeks Kids in the Kitchen. I had a surprise this week when Star said she wanted to cook, she normally doesn’t want to take part without a lot of persuasion. She’d been playing a game on the computer (on Friv) and had come across a recipe for chocolate, chocolate chip cookies. So she wanted to make them.
First of all let me say thank you to last weeks linker, the Brilliant Chef D who won a competition with his beautiful Father’s Day Cake. Well done D 🙂
I love it when you share your posts they are a great source of inspiration and I like to keep them all together on my Pinterest Board. The linky is open for a month so there is plenty of time to join in, and if you don’t know what to make then check out the pinterest board.
Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Makes 18 large cookies
- 200g butter
- 300g soft brown sugar
- 300g self-raising flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 60g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 125g chocolate chips
- put the butter and sugar in the bowl and beat until soft and smooth
- add the eggs and beat again.
- Sift in the dry ingredients, flour, cocoa powder and and baking powder and mix together
- fold in the chocolate chips.
- grease three baking trays and dollop the mixture in large spoonfuls, six to each tray (you can make them neater circle shapes but don’t squash them down too much, and make sure you leave plenty of space in between each one)
- bake in a preheated oven at 180C/gas mark 4 for 10-12 minutes
- Leave to cool on baking tray
So now it’s over to you, get in the kitchen with your kids and come and share what you’ve cooked,