My Sunday Photo – 22nd October 2017

My Little Boy riding a bike at his nursery, in his purple jumpsuit
Flashback!
Not having a photo for this week I’ve snatched one from my archives. This is my Little Man when he was in nursery school. The school uniform for the nursery children was this purple tracksuit and I loved it.
It’s quite relevant to this week for two reasons.
One is that I’m quite worried about my Little Man, he’s having problems at school with bullying, he’s having trouble coping at home and he has health issues. He was at the GP the other day and now I have to take him to the hospital for blood tests. He also has an appointment at a clinic in December. It’s not really what I need at all and I just hope it all turns out to be something easy to treat.
The second reason is how time flies. Here he is at nursery which was just after we moved into this house four years ago. The time has flown. The first two years seemed to go slowly but it’s so hard to believe that I have been sick for nearly two years! When we moved we were dealing with Star’s neck so we spent a lot of time at the hospital. We had a nightmare eighteen months, but time seems to have sped up so much since then. My babies are no longer babies.
I’ve been pre-occupied with thoughts of my past, all of it, even as a small child I had a lot to deal with. It’s been the same ever since and it’s let me to not believe in Karma because too many bad things happen to good people.
I guess over the last couple of weeks I’ve felt so ill I really believed I was near the end. A Terry Pratchett quote came to mind.

“It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it’s called life.”

Life certainly does fly by so quickly, but no worries, I’m feeling better now so I have a lot more to cram into it. I have lots of happy memories too, so it’s never all bad. You can’t stop bad things happening but it’s how you deal with them that counts.

I pin My Sunday Photo pics I visit on my Pinterest Board. Please let me know if you wish your photo to be removed.

1. October 22, 2017 / 10:57 am

Oh my goodness I'm so sorry about the bullying. That must be really stressful for you both and I hope it stops soon. I hope the tests result in quick fixes too. He looks so cute in that tracksuit and I hope your week gets easier from here xx

2. October 22, 2017 / 1:39 pm

Oh no! I am so sorry your boy is having some trouble at school and medically….Sending love and hugs.

3. sarahmo3w
    October 22, 2017 / 1:54 pm

Sorry to hear you've had a tough time and especially that your boy is being bullied and has medical problems. I hope it can all get sorted out. Kids can be so cruel 🙁

4. October 22, 2017 / 3:31 pm

Beautiful photo to look back at.

Sorry to hear about the trouble.

5. October 22, 2017 / 3:53 pm

What a precious shot. Good luck with all that's happening.

6. mummyhereandthere
    October 22, 2017 / 6:40 pm

What a beautiful photo to treasure. I hope your situation improves soon X #mysundayphoto

7. topsyturvytribe
    October 22, 2017 / 7:56 pm

A great aspect of taking all these treasured photos and blogging is that it gives us the chance to reflect back and enjoy when we need to

October 23, 2017 / 8:41 am

Oh Anne you are such an inspiration, never stop sharing how you cope and what drives you on. A lovely little flash back of your boy looking so happy in nursery.

9. October 23, 2017 / 3:17 pm

Good old Terry Pratchett. Love that quote, because it is so easy to believe! Hope Little Man is coping with it all. He looks so sweet on the tricycle, with a beautiful smile. Glad to hear you are feeling more yourself. You always seem to end up with such lovely, positive thoughts to share. A gift, for sure. #MMBC

October 25, 2017 / 1:36 pm

Hi Anne, that is a lovely photo and how time does fly! I'm sure you have many more years left in you, you'll probably outlive us all. I can't begin to pretend to know how you feel, but I'm pretty certain it's not good when treatment doesn't work and you can't see an end in sight…. Chin up Anne. You're a braver lady than I. And I hope your little chaps health scare turns out to be nothing.

11. October 27, 2017 / 4:36 pm

If a nursery is going to have an uniform that's a good one to have. I hope things improve all round. Sometimes life does seem a constant uphill struggle.