Half Term trip to the Wildlife Conservation Park

Memories

During the half term we took a trip to the local Wildlife Conservation Park. I’ve written about our visits there before and I wasn’t going to write about it again until I read this post by Captured By Jade on Memories. It made me realise that this is exactly what I want my blog to be, a record of memories, something we can look back on and enjoy. So, even though I’ve written about the Wildlife Conservation Park before, this was a new memory to treasure and record. Also, just look at how my children have grown since our first logged visit back in 2014.

If you don’t have time to look, here’s a peak!

The Old and the New

I’ve been visiting the Wildlife Conservation Park for about 30 years now. I used to take my older children when they were youngsters. It was originally known as the Nature Centre, then the Nature Reserve and now the Wildlife Conservation Park. I’ve seen it grow and change with many different species of animals and growing gardens and wildlife areas. (I do wonder when they’ll upgrade the toilets though.)

This time we had some new animals to see including this creature which didn’t have an information plaque and we have no idea what it was. When it moved it kind of reminded me of a cross between a rabbit and a deer. I have asked Mr Google what he thinks and I believe it might be a Patagonian Mara.

patagonian mara, looks like a cross between a rabbit and a deer.

We saw a lot of the usual animals like the otters and monkeys, wallabies and flamingos. The kids went into the darker buildings to look at the snakes and the nocturnal animals. I preferred to wait outside soaking up some sunshine.

A lovely new addition was the wooden play park which the kids loved. They were able to run around and swing like the monkeys.

We had a wonderful day and now I’m wondering when my young ones will get too old for this place? I don’t think I need to worry about that, Daddy still loves it, even at his age 😉

Country Kids

1. June 9, 2018 / 1:25 pm

Goodness the kids have grown up. I think you really notice it when you visit the same place a few years on and compare the photos. It sounds like the park has moved with the times and updated all it’s facilities keeping it a popular attraction for visitors. I can see why you like to return. Keep sorting and recording these memories!

Thank you for sharing with me on #CountryKids

2. June 9, 2018 / 3:17 pm

Great pics! I can see why you like to come here. This looks like a place that warrants repeat visits. I love taking my son back to old favorite places. It is neat to try and get him to pose the same as he did years ago so we can compare his growth between his visits. #countrykids

3. June 9, 2018 / 9:34 pm

Ahh! I linked up with #CountryKids this week about a trip to a beach we have already visited before and that I have blogged about a few times. So what! Blogging for some people is to record memories and I love that!!
    It looks like a fab day out and I can see why you keep going back! x #CountryKids

4. June 11, 2018 / 4:01 pm

Its great to return to old favourites after a couple of years to see how they have changed. Our children appreciate different parts of them as they age too.

5. June 12, 2018 / 9:07 pm

What a great place with so much to see and do for the children. They look like they are having a great time! #CountryKids

6. June 13, 2018 / 2:36 pm

Yep, definitely a Mara! I have seen them somewhere before. The Wildlife Conservation Park looks great. I will have to look at taking my girls sometime as they (and me!) would love it!
    #countrykids

7. June 13, 2018 / 9:06 pm

I think it is great you have written about your new adventure. I have gone much the same and thought I don’t really care anymore if people read it or not – it’s my record of what we have done. Love the new wooden play area they have put in. I think it is the same place I took my son when he was little – but again that would be just under 20 years ago!

8. June 13, 2018 / 9:20 pm

Wow the children have certainly grown up since your last visit. How lovely to return somewhere like this though and revisit memories as well as having a lovely day out. I love the look of the wooden play area – it looks like it was a lot of fun. Blogging is wonderful for helping to preserve those memories isn’t it? 🙂 #countrykids