My Sunday Photo

Well, it had to be!

I remember the last solar eclipse back in 1999. I’d taken the day off work and I took the kids (now the grown-up kids) and my mom to the Licky Hills to see it. We’d had to abandon the car halfway because there were so many people trying to get up the road at the same time. We all walked together and stood on the hills. It was pretty amazing.
It did feel weird that this one was in the morning and the kids (the young ones) had gone to school. Still, something to remember.
I had no photos of the first one I saw. I did take some but I didn’t have a digital camera and none of them turned out.

OneDad3Girls

1. March 22, 2015 / 2:18 pm

Fantastic photo – I hope the kids at school did a school project on the eclipse! Something you will all remember I'm sure.
    Have a great week.
    Wren x

• March 22, 2015 / 2:29 pm

Yes, I have to say, the school was great, the little ones watched on live tv while the older ones went into the playground with pinhole cameras. They learnt loads. Thanks for stopping by x

2. March 22, 2015 / 3:19 pm

Perfectly captured, I had too much glare

• March 23, 2015 / 10:43 am

I think the clouds helped, couldn't see a thing on my phone camera though.

3. March 22, 2015 / 4:43 pm

This is a brilliant shot, great to remember the event.

• March 23, 2015 / 10:44 am

Yes, it is, I'm glad I got a photo this time….I may be around for the next one, whether I'll be chasing a photo is another story.

4. March 22, 2015 / 8:28 pm

Amazing sight, we didn't get to see it as it was so cloudy

• March 23, 2015 / 10:45 am

The cloud seemed to be following the sun, if we turned around the rest of the sky was clear and bright!

5. March 22, 2015 / 8:32 pm

You've captured it just perfectly. I however, completely missed it! Muppet #mysundayphoto

• March 23, 2015 / 10:46 am

My older kids were still in bed 🙁 A little different to our trek up the hills for the last one!

6. March 22, 2015 / 10:37 pm

You are so lucky to have seen this. I waited but were not as lucky. Thats an amazing capture. #MySundayPhoto

• March 23, 2015 / 10:47 am

I guess I was lucky with the cloud decided to part a little for my shot 🙂

7. March 23, 2015 / 10:13 am

How incredible – despite the clouds you managed to get such a stunning photo. Me and miss T caught a glimpse between the clouds on way home from school run. Totally unprepared so we both looked with bare eyes as she thought she was looking at the moon and i was mesmerised by seeing it when noone round here expected to because of so much cloud. Well done for capturing the moment on camera so well. X

• March 23, 2015 / 10:50 am

I think it was just starting to move across as I took the kids into school, I let them look for two seconds each with my sunglasses on, but I'm not sure if they actually saw anything. I think the clouds helped to stop the glare a little, I was lucky catching a break in them. x

8. March 23, 2015 / 7:39 pm

Great capture, I'm gutted we didn't even get a glimpse because of the clouds was so looking forward to it #MySundayPhoto

9. March 24, 2015 / 2:24 am

I swear I commented on this…I don't see it…so I am commenting again. Your photo is so gorgeous it almost doesn't seem real. I wish we would have gotten to see it like you, I would have loved to have taken a photo like this. It is a piece of art!

10. March 24, 2015 / 2:24 am

11. March 28, 2015 / 6:55 pm

That's a fantastic shot of it! Brilliant x

12. March 30, 2015 / 4:08 pm

Wow thats an amazing capture – so clear to see!