Word of the Week – Kindness

This week I’m thinking about kindness. It’s such a wonderful thing, if you are kind to someone they feel good and you feel good, it’s a win win situation.

Someone was really kind to me today and it made me feel good, so I decided to do something kind for others and I put a post on a Facebook group offering my help to anyone who needed it. Pretty soon I had a reply by e-mail and now I’m working on helping this lady promote her jewellery. I feel really good to be able to do something for her. It’s good feelings all around.

Earlier this year, when I first came out of hospital I was looking for a wheelchair so I could get out of my house. The hospital couldn’t provide one because I wasn’t on their list of conditions. I tried the Red Cross but their deposit was more than I could afford, and twice as much as a second hand wheelchair on Ebay. So, just out of interest, and maybe a little desperation, I put a status on my personal Facebook page asking if anyone had a spare wheelchair they could loan me. I was surprised when someone said they could help. They put me in touch with someone else and they not only loaned their wheelchair to me but brought it to me as well. They were absolutely delighted that they could help me. Their kindness was well received as now I had my freedom back and  I could leave the house. The joy I felt at being able to join my other half on the school run that afternoon was immense.

Kindness is always a good value to have in your life. Showing kindness is a real feel good thing. Receiving another persons kindness is wonderful. It creates ripples that spread afar, lots of paying it forward and feeling good. I vow to have much more kindness in my life, will you join me?

The Reading Residence

1. May 27, 2016 / 1:50 pm

Totally, I'm in. People could be so much happier if they paused to put a smile on someone else's face 🙂

2. May 27, 2016 / 1:58 pm

That's right Jenny, just like the smile you gave me yesterday.. yes, I did actually write this post yesterday 😉

3. May 27, 2016 / 4:26 pm

Well, you made me smile a lot yesterday, and even more this morning when I saw this. I'm very touched and I love that your first thought was to pay it forward 🙂 xx

4. May 27, 2016 / 4:51 pm

It is so true. An act of kindness goes so far. Further than you realise. It doesn't even have to be a big act. Lots of little ones add up. How lovely that you are able to pay it forward and help someone else. #wotw

5. May 27, 2016 / 5:42 pm

Absolutely. Such a lovely post and you are so right. Kindness makes the world go round, and a small act can often go such a long way. Beautiful, thanks for sharing with #WotW

6. May 27, 2016 / 7:49 pm

Kindness costs nothing and whether it's a smile as you are walking down the street to helping someone in need, we need a little more kindness in the world.

7. May 27, 2016 / 8:51 pm

It certainly doesn't have to be big, but all acts of kindness make you feel better.

8. May 27, 2016 / 8:52 pm

the world would be a better place if everyone was more kind for sure, but we can all play a little part.

9. May 27, 2016 / 8:53 pm

Thank you, positivity is my middle name 🙂 (well mostly, just don't catch me at the wrong time of the month, lol)

10. May 27, 2016 / 9:31 pm

I think we get so caught up with trying to achieve our own happiness that we forget it can be found in helping others.

11. May 27, 2016 / 9:53 pm

Yes! This is something which we all should be doing as a matter of course but it's so easy to get wrapped up in your own world and forget about those around you. I'm so in!
    Have a lovely week

12. May 28, 2016 / 6:36 am

Kindness is free and I think some have forgotten the art. I believe that kindness breeds kindness and hope my children follow my lead

13. May 28, 2016 / 9:15 pm

That's so true, it's always such a happy feeling when you can help someone.

14. May 28, 2016 / 9:15 pm

It's hard sometimes to think of others but the rewards are plenty.

15. May 28, 2016 / 9:16 pm

Absolutely true, I do hope my children know that kindness is free and feel so good.

16. May 29, 2016 / 7:05 am

It's something that we always try and teach our children too but I guess, like most things it's somethng they need to see us showing first. Great choice of word!

17. May 29, 2016 / 11:47 am

This is all really true. We have a family kindness chart and every evening ww talk about something kind that someone else has done for us that day, I hope it helps my kids to grow up and think about other people and the impact just a small gesture can make,

May 29, 2016 / 4:39 pm

Hi Anne, kindness is always nicest when least expected and what a huge difference it can make to a persons day/life! Kindness does spread like the ripples in a pond; kindness making more kindness. Imagine how much nicer the world would be if there were more kind deeds done!

19. optrixxaris1
    May 30, 2016 / 1:05 pm

It's great that you have been able to borrow a wheelchair and that you are helping a jewellery maker out. Kindness is a fantastic thing and something that everyone should apply. #WotW

20. shelllouiseblog01
    May 30, 2016 / 3:11 pm

The girls love being able to do something kind for someone, we value kindness very highly in our house 🙂

21. May 31, 2016 / 2:07 pm

What wonderful kindness X I love kindness you're wonderful , they're wonderful

22. May 31, 2016 / 2:52 pm

Being kind is the best thing ever. It doesn't have to cost a penny and can make someones day. Lovely post x

23. June 3, 2016 / 9:32 pm

What a lovely post Anne and yes you're absolutely right, kindness goes a long way. I hope you're doing alright Mrs x

24. m1ssingsleep
    June 5, 2016 / 9:38 am

That's really lovely of you to pass on the kindness 🙂 I think we could all do with sprinkling as much of that around the place! x