Word of the Week – Illness

I so wanted my word of the week this week to be positive but alas it’s not to be as our household has been struck by the dreaded lurgy! It all started last week when Star was sent home sick from school on Friday. We took her to the GP and he diagnosed a throat infection. But she seemed much worse than just a sore throat. She had a temperature, a headache, a runny nose, and an upset tummy. She went to bed early and was really not well. Then this week we have had Boo sent home from school with a high temperature and much the same symptoms. And the following day it was the Little Man’s turn to be picked up. We figured it wouldn’t be long and I’d been tempted not to send him in, but in the morning he was fine, no temperature and looked ok. By lunchtime he was throwing  up everywhere and in fact has turned out to be the most poorly of the three. Bless him.

Graham has also been struck with the bug, feeling rough and complaining a bit but he’s been getting with stuff mostly, he has too, I’m not much use anymore.
Then there is me, I didn’t escape. Of course catching a bug like this exacerbates all my other conditions and I’ve been in so much pain. If lying awake at night unable to sleep because of your cough or blocked nose isn’t bad enough, imagine trying to cope with your spine feeling as though it’s on fire, every single disc and joint from your neck to your bottom just burning and stinging and creating the most incredible pain that you can’t bear to move, not even reach your tissue. It’s not much fun and sleep has evaded me most nights. Then I’m spending the day it what feels like a drunken stupor, I’m trying to function but it’s not happening.

Finally, I dragged my sorry butt to the doctors only to be told to go to A&E, which is where I spent most of yesterday. I have pneumonia! Thankfully they are letting me treat it at home, I just have to go back if I’m no better in 48 hours.

Next week I want a happy word to share, please!

1. February 10, 2017 / 12:56 pm

Oh no, so sorry to hear you've had a rough week. Sounds like you've all been suffering and you're really going through it. Glad they can treat you at home, I do hope you're on the up soon x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

2. February 10, 2017 / 1:16 pm

Oh no! What a rotten week!
    I hope you all feel better soon! It's good that you can be treated at home. x

3. February 10, 2017 / 2:39 pm

Oh no! What a week. Pneumonia is no fun. Along with helping the rest of the family. Really hope you have a better week next week. #wotw

4. Sarah Howe
    February 10, 2017 / 5:10 pm

OMG poor you. Good job you went to the docs. What a week for you all. Hope you get a good recovery and all feel better. xx #wotw

5. angiemwebster77
    February 10, 2017 / 8:05 pm

Oh Anne it never rains but it pours ! I hope you are feeling much better soon x

6. rebeccabeesley
    February 11, 2017 / 12:28 pm

oh no! So sorry to hear about how unwell everyone has been. My little ones have had sickness but thankfully rest of us escaped it. I remember when I had pneumonia that someone described it as being the worst you can feel without actually being dead and at the time it really did feel so awful. Wishing you a speedy recovery – hopefully the antibiotics will kick in quick for you! x

7. February 11, 2017 / 8:06 pm

oh no this sounds awful, hope you are better soon. Pneumonia is awful Jack was so poorly with it a few years ago x

February 13, 2017 / 5:36 am

Hi Anne, it sounds as if you and your family have had a tough week. I can't imagine what it must be like to feel pain on top of being ill. It must be awful. Fingers crossed your pneumonia clears at home, the last thing you want is to go into hospital. My son had it a couple of times when he was young and luckily we always managed to treat it at home. Luckily we had a Dr who was at the end of the phone if needed.

9. February 16, 2017 / 12:32 am

Oh no, you poor thing, what a tough week for all of you then to top it off with pneumonia
    I hope it hasn't developed into anything further and you've all managed to fight off the bug this week. Keep warm
    Sorry for the late comments my boy has chicken pox :((

10. liquoriceuk
    February 16, 2017 / 11:03 pm

So sorry to hear you have all been unwell and that you have got pneumonia. Hope that you are all starting to feel better now x #WotW