Word of the Week – Rollercoaster

This weeks post is difficult to write, not because it hasn’t been a roller coaster of a week, but because a lot of it is not my personal story and there is only so much I can share.

I live in a big home with four adults and three children and sometimes things just erupt like a volcano. It seem sudden but then you realise that it’s been building up slowly like a roller coaster ride on it’s ascent. Then after the eruption you get the descent and the plunge of emotions all around. We had our ascent begin the weekend with the big eruption on Monday. Tuesday brought us all down with a massive extra sadness that one family member had to deal with outside of the family but made us all realise just how suddenly things can change. (Not that we don’t have heaps of experience in that area already.)

Then to bring us back on the up, the sun shone beautifully on Wednesday and me and my eldest girl went for an impromptu picnic in the park. We purchased our food from the supermarket and ate from a plastic carrier, not very civilised, but lots of fun, and also peaceful.

I’ve been feeling on an emotional roller coaster myself, first because of my new treatment. I’m happy that I’m going to be getting it, but also scared that it may not work. Even if it does work I’m worried about being on it for the rest of my life.

Whatever life’s roller coaster throws at us I’m sure we will deal with it, one day at a time.

The Reading Residence

1. angiemwebster77
    May 12, 2017 / 10:00 am

Life certainly is a roller coaster Anne. I'm sorry to hear this weeks been tough for you all. Your picnic in the park sounds perfect, just the thing to life your spirits a little x #WotW

2. May 12, 2017 / 10:49 am

Awww I hope things get better. I think going out and enjoying fresh air and sunshine helps. What I have been doing a lot of lately too =) #wotw #mmbc

3. May 12, 2017 / 11:18 am

Sounds like a tough week for you all, especially when you're thinking about your new treatment, too. I do hope next week is more on an even keel for you x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

4. May 12, 2017 / 1:05 pm

I'm sorry you've had a tough week. Life can take us by surprise sometimes. I'm glad your picnic lifted your spirits and hope next week is on an even keel for you all #wowt

5. May 12, 2017 / 1:10 pm

It sounds like you have had a rough week.
    The picnic sounds lovely. Just what you needed x
    #WotW

6. May 12, 2017 / 6:51 pm

What a week. I'm glad you found time to enjoy a picnic. Hope next week is more plain sailing. #wotw

7. mummyhereandthere
    May 13, 2017 / 2:35 pm

Sending virtual hugs, it is hard when there is so much going on especially when it involves other people. I hope the weekend will be calm for you X #wotw

8. May 14, 2017 / 6:31 am

Ah I am so sorry you have had a tough week, and sometimes watching people close to you suffer is as hard as going through it yourself. I hope you have a better week this week x

9. May 14, 2017 / 7:44 pm

I understand these up and down feelings well. I feel like I have been living them for the past five years at least. I hope next week is a better week for you x #WotW

10. liquoriceuk
    May 16, 2017 / 8:41 pm

Sounds like it has been quite a tough week. I hope this week has been better so far. The picnic sounds like a lovely moment in amongst it all. Wishing you all the best with the treatment x #WotW