Today is kindness day, did you even know? I like to treat every day as kindness day, I don’t always give gifts or help people out, but that doesn’t matter, sometimes just a simple comment or gesture is enough.
Kindness spreads like ripples on a pond. Do an act of kindness, like dropping a stone in the water and the ripples will take it further and further and that lily pad will have no idea why it’s suddenly moving but it will like it.
But did you know that kindness is healthy too? Forget your special diets or exercise, all you need is to do something kind and treat your blood vessels and your heart to oxytocin. Scientific studies have shown that oxytocin is not only good for your mental health it has physical benefits too. It may even make you live longer. How do you get more oxytocin? Be kind, show love, give someone a hug. It’s as easy as that.
‘Live from the heart, good for the heart.’
So, what are you going to do today that’s kind?
Here are a few suggestions that anyone may find easy.
- Call and chat to someone you think might be lonely
- Take a minute to help someone even if you’re in a rush
- Help a mother carry her pushchair upstairs
- Hold the door open for those behind you
- Sign up to the organ donor register
- Smile at a stranger
- Let someone go in front of you in the queue
- Give someone a compliment – it can make their day, week or year!
- When making a tea or coffee, offer to make one for anyone else who would like one
- Leave money in a parking metre, ticket or vending machine for the next person
- Share positive posts on your social media pages
- Donate clothes to a charity shop or offer them to friends instead of throwing them out
- Send an appreciative text to a friend or family member
I hope all my reader’s have a truly lovely day today and remember a little kindness is good for the heart and the soul.
I’m on a mission to get 1000 followers on my Facebook Page, would you join me there and make my day?