Car theft can happen to anyone. In my twenty years of driving I have had two cars stolen. Both from outside of my house! There are many things you can to prevent car theft and using a tracker can also be helpful.
- make sure you always lock your car, even when paying for your petrol and especially outside your home. These days, newer cars warm up quicker, but I still see people leave cars unattended with the engine running on cold mornings.
- Keep your keys safe and never right by the front door.
- If you have a keyless entry car ensure your key signal can’t be copied by keeping your keys in a signal blocking pouch.
- Be wary of carjackers, always lock your doors if you feel unsafe.
- Park in well lit areas or car parks with cameras
- Add extra locks to your car such as steering locks or clutch pedal security locks
- manually check that your vehicle is locked before you walk away, not only does it provide confidence that it is secure, it may also put off any thief that may be watching.
Using a Tracker for your Car
Trackers are useful for anything you don’t want stolen or taken away, for example cars, caravans, trucks, delivery services, taxis, vans, agriculture, construction machinery, boats, containers or even wood. I’d even go as far as using one on e scooters or wheelchairs.
Is it worth fitting a car tracker?
Installing a car tracker is one of the most effective security methods to protect your vehicle from theft, as well as retrieving it in the event of it being taken.
I was sent a PAJ Tracker for car. This tracker works on 4G network and fits to your vehicle by means of a magnetic strip.
The PAJ tracker has a durable battery which lasts for 40 days with tracking of one hour a day, or 90 days in standby mode. When in standby mode the alarm functions still work to inform you when the vehicle is being moved. The battery is charged by mains and it comes with a two pin plug. Adapter plugs are easy to come by and very cheap. The tracker will need charging for 8 hours before first use.
The magnet is attached by adhesive strips to wherever you wish to place your device. Then the device sticks to the magnet securely but with the option to remove it easily for charging.
The dimensions of the device are
You can see the size here in my hand.
Tracking devices are generally used by companies who have a fleet of cars which they need to keep check on their vehicles. But it also has many other uses.
With the app. You have control of what information you need, for example how far and how fast the car has travelled. Everything can be set online including a geozone which means you can set a zone where the the device only sets off the alarm if it leaves the pre-determined area.
If your car does get stolen you will be able to track it down wherever it’s location. The sim card will always look for the best network so you can track the real time location easily.
To get all the features you will need to subscribe to the online tracker service. There is a small cost for this:
All inclusive subscription options:
£3.75 per month (£89.99 every 2 years)
£4.58 per month (£54.99 yearly)
or £5.99 per month (£5.99 monthly).
You can purchase the PAJ Power Finder 4G on Amazon for £149.99
I was sent a tracker for review, you can read my disclosure policy here.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply