October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. When my friend was diagnosed with Breast Cancer 14 years ago I was stunned. She was the first person I’d ever heard of with Breast Cancer and sadly she lost her life within 5 years. Since then I’ve known another 3 friends with Breast Cancer. And several other friends with cancer. It’s such a dreadful disease.
Another of my friends passed away in August. She fought so hard, but sometimes it can be really agressive and the fighting is in vain. Other’s I know have beaten the cancer and live every day in hope that it doesn’t return.
What Can You Do?
Well, awareness is everything and knowing your own body is a big key. That way you can check regularly and notice if anything feels different, or wrong. If you are ever in doubt then do get checked out.
- Change in skin texture e.g puckering or dimpling
- Swelling in armpit or around collarbone
- lumps and thickening
- constant/unusual pain in breast or armpit
- nipple discharge
- sudden change in size or shape
- nipple inversion and changes in direction
- rash or crusting of, or around, nipple
Catching it early can be the key to a better recovery.
What is Coppafeel?
I’m an oldie, I get asked to go for mammograms as standard. But Breast cancer can happen to young people too. Coppafeel is a charity that raises breast cancer awareness amongst younger women.
I am an Avon Representative and this month we are selling a whole range of goodies which are including donations to the coppafeel charity. The Boob bag donation is 50% of the cost, the rest are 10%. If you are interested then please click through and take a look.
Disclosure: clicking the link will take you to an Avon Selling page.
- Blotgober Day 1 – All You Need is Love
- Blogtober Day 2 – Coppafeel – Breast Cancer Awareness.
- Blogtober Day 3 – Out of Spoons (a poem)
- Blogtober Day 4 – Smile
- Blogtober Day 5 – Autumn Fashion
- Blogtober Day 6 -Baking
- Blogtober Day 7 – missed
- Blogtober Day 8 – The School Run
See Other bloggers Blogtober posts.