The Great British Bake Off is over for another year. I’ll admit I had a tear in my eye during the final episode and I was pleased that Nadiya won even though I really liked Ian and Tamal too. The girl’s watched it with me and got excited when Nadiya proclaimed “I can and I will” which is their school pledge. Everyone needs a little self-confidence in their lives.
- mix the butter with caster sugar until smooth and creamy
- add the eggs one at a time beating each one in
- add the vanilla extract
- add the flour and fold in gently
- pour into tin and bake for around 40 mins at 180C
- cake will be springy when ready and you should check with a skewer, make sure it comes out clean.