I’d love to be able to run, I’d practice every day and enter marathons when I could. What a great way to keep fit and healthy. However, running is not for me, and a lot of other exercise are ruled out too, but there is one thing that I do really well and that is walk. I recently decided to increase my walking to make sure I was doing 10,000 steps every day and I’m pretty much there five days a week. You can see my tips for walking in my post, I Would Walk 10000 Steps.
- Walking is a cardio-vascular exercise that keeps you fit and can also help you lose weight.
- Walking is low impact so it doesn’t carry the same potential risk of injury as running.
- It strengthens bones and helps maintains healthy joints.
- It energises you by boosting your circulation and increasing oxygen in your cells, stopping you feeling sluggish.
- Walking releasing endorphins which help to keep you happy and reduce stress and anxiety.
- If done properly, thinking about your posture while walking you can also help slim your waist and arms, so it’s a good all round exercise.