I’m not a fan of Halloween if I’m honest. I get spooked pretty quickly and I definitely don’t like monsters, and spiders and anything creepy. It’s not always been the way though. When I was 13 yrs old I discovered James Herbert, my neighbour gave me his copy of The Rats to read and I ended up getting a whole pile of books from the library. I did buy copies later on and as a hoarder, I still have a few of his books. Rest in Peace Mr Herbert, please don’t come back and haunt me.
I still read the occasional horror story now but I don’t like watching films, unless they are zombie films. There is something about zombies that fascinate me. I’d be no use in a zombie apocalypse. I have no survival instincts, I’d just be meat. (Unless they were the zombies from World War Z that avoided sick people.) Maybe Brad Pitt would come and rescue me. (I can dream can’t I…if not Brad Pitt then it has to be Norman Reedus as Daryl Dixon from The Walking Dead.)
I like horror games so long as someone else is playing. I like to watch. I remember the infamous P.T. which was meant to be a playable teaser for an up and coming Silent Hill Game. (I loved the Silent Hill Games, although not the film.) I also love watching through the Resident Evil Games and the best was the latest one, The Village, which my daughter played through on her PS5 keeping me up way past my bedtime.
What About the Kids?
Well, the girls have lost interest in Trick or Treating, and the Little Man has always refused to dress up. So each year we try to do something just to mark the day. We have had Halloween food and treats including these rather nice Toe Nail dusted cakes.
We do love to pimp up a pumpkin for Halloween though. Here’s some we made earlier. We do tend to go for Pokemon themes, or cats, cats are nice!
We used to carve our pumpkins at home but for the last couple of years we have been going to a local farm where they hold Pumpkin carving sessions. We buy our pumpkins and carve them in a huge marque while surrounded by witches and demons and spooky music. We are doing this again on Wednesday but here’s a photo from a couple of years ago.
Way back in 2014 (Was it really so long ago?) We visited local Hatton Adventure World where we picked our own pumpkins from the pumpkin patch and had a fun day out as well. Unfortunately, pumpkin patches are not that wheelchair friendly so we haven’t been for a while.
My kids don’t seem to get scared easily, I mean my Little Man even picks up spiders eek. I’ve decided that this year I’m going to do a bit of a spooky Halloween Scavenger Hunt which I downloaded for free from Justins Juggles. I don’t know if I can get all the little items but I can subsitute some of them for pictures and a little sweet treat. It will make up for not going Trick or Treating. I will try and get the girls involved so they can work together, and I’m turning the lights off and giving them a torch.
If you are still a bit unsure of what to do for Halloween here are a few more ideas.
Kim has made some Halloween Spiders to munch on…oh yummy!
Ashley shares her favourite Halloween Movies to Binge Watch
Some more Spooky not Scary Movies from the Marvellous Mrs P
Amanda shares some spooky stories to read
How about some cute dogs dressed up for Halloween from Jo
Joanna shares a photo of an old fashioned Halloween dressing up costume
How to make a pumpkin spiced creamer from Cheryl
Thanks for reading and I hope you have a spooky Halloween whatever you do.
BLOGTOBER 2019 POSTS
- Blotgober Day 1 – All You Need is Love
- Blogtober Day 2 – Coppafeel – Breast Cancer Awareness.
- Blogtober Day 3 – Out of Spoons (a poem)
- Blogtober Day 4 – Smile
- Blogtober Day 5 – Autumn Fashion
- Blogtober Day 6 -Baking
- Blogtober Day 7 – missed
- Blogtober Day 8 – The School Run
- Blogtober Day 9 – Avon Give Away
- Blogtober Day 10 – What I’m watching (or have watched) Lately
- Blogtober Day 11 – Blogtober
- Blogtober Day 12 – 6 Reflections on Autumn
- Blogtober Day 13 – Impractical Jokers
- Blogotber Day 14 – Weekly Meal Planning
- Blogtober Day 15 – Everybody Hurts Sometimes
- Blogtober Day 16 –The Horrible Craft Book
- Blogtober Day 17 – missed
- Blogtober Day 18 – Word of the Week – Worry
- Blogtober Day 19 – Christmas Crochet Along
- Blogtober Day 20 – My Sunday Photo – About Me
- Blogtober Day 21 – Momentous Events in the Life of a Cactus – review
- Blogtober Day 22 – missed
- Blogtober Day 23 – Explaining the Different Types of Eating Disorders
- Blogtober Day 24 – Stiff Person Awareness Day 2019
- Blogtober Day 25 – Word of the Week – Sleep
- Blogtober Day 26 – missed
- Blogtober Day 27 – My Sunday Photo – C is for CAL
- Blogtober Day 28 – This is Halloween
This post contains links to other sites and affiliate links.