Last week I began this post and just couldn’t finish it. Things were not going well and being positive was far from my mind.
We had a pretty awful week including arguments, emergency hospital visits and many tears. The stress levels were through the roof, which is a big achievement in our three story house!
Now things have settled a little and we have a plan to prevent (hopefully) future breakdowns like this and I can look back and reflect. The bad things will get better, I’m sure, so I’m going to keep working on them and now look at the good things about last week.
- The kids went back to school completely stress free and they all had a fabulous week
- I focused on getting ready for my consultant appointment (Tomorrow) and I know exactly what I’m going to tell him and what treatment I expect. There is a choice of treatments so I’m feeling positive.
- I had a gorgeous bouquet of flowers which, although they were for a review, they have really cheered me up with their lovely colours and beautiful fragrance
- On a day when I felt I was hitting rock bottom, I let my friends know and they sent me loads of love and support.
- I’ve been out twice, once with hubby and the other time with hubby and the kids. It always makes me feel better to get out of the house. ( I could say three times, but I’m focusing on the good things so the hospital visit doesn’t count.)
- I have my holiday voucher so I’m going to book next years summer holiday. I’ve already decided where we are going (South Devon) and we are going for a full week instead of a mid week break, and we are going in the Summer holiday instead of Whitson. (Although we do tend to have really nice weather at Whitson which is never guaranteed in summer.)
What do you do when life throws you lemons?
- Crochet. I like to make small things so I get my achievement sooner. I love amigurumi which is a Japanese term for small stuffed creatures.
- Colouring. I have a plethora of colouring books which meet my every need, I also have many pens and pencils but I do like pencils best.
- Reading. I have trouble reading because it gives me headaches and I tend to fall asleep, but a good book takes me away into another world and I love that. I’ve read nearly two books this past week.
- Baking. Although I do have trouble with this now I do still love to bake and really enjoyed making bread last week.
An awful week may have happened but it’s past now and today is a new day, today I managed to finish this post!